Friday, October 29, 2010

All Hallow's Eve.

The time of year has arrived for ghouls, goblins, and jack-o-lanterns. Today, campus was taken over by cows, fairies, and a dead Santa Claus. Halloween is here! Right now college girls everywhere are getting all dolled up. Meanwhile, college-age boys try to get their scare on. That sounds pretty great, right? Only one problem, I don't like Halloween. So where does that leave me? No only do I hate picking out costumes, but the candy always makes me sick.

My roommates think I am lame, but I can't help it. I was born this way. My parents don't like Halloween either. I honestly cannot remember the last time I dressed up. But let me tell you a secret ... I like it that way. Halloween is only an excuse to be someone you are not. I don't want that. I think being myself is pretty darn great. So Happy Fall! Enjoy the last weekend of October for all its ghouly goodness, because November is just around the corner!

1 comment:

  1. One day you will like Halloween because you'll have cute kids to dress up in fun innocent costumes for your Mom to 'Ooohhh' and 'Ahhhh' over (I didn't like Halloween much at your age either:) So, Happy Fall to you!

    ReplyDelete