Saturday, December 4, 2010

.

My mom is awesome. I don't know what I would do without her in my life. She is my best friend and my therapist. My mom is there on good days, on bad days, and on days when no one else is on my side. Even though I see her maybe once a week, I know she would be here in a second if I needed her. Her life is crazy busy right now. Even with her stressful holiday agenda, she has managed to take significant time out of her schedule this week to just talk. Her ability to understand where I am coming from and guide me is an amazing blessing in my life! She always tells me what I need to hear, even if it's not exactly what I want to hear.

With the busyness of life, I don't think I let my mom know often enough how much I appreciate her. Life rushes by and I find myself not expressing the gratitude that I should. This week, to show my mom I was thinking of her during a hectic time, I decided to send her flowers. I didn't tell anyone in my family about it and kept saying a silent prayer that the flowers would be delivered on time! Luckily, proflowers.com stayed on schedule and delivered them Friday morning (yes, that is a shout out to my favorite - proflowers.com - use them if you ever want to send someone beautiful flowers!).

Mom, with each day I become more grateful that you are my mom. I am glad people act like we are twins when they meet us, even if I don't always show it. I can't imagine anyone else I would want to be the second half of! You are an incredible example to me. I love you so much and can't wait for all the great experiences in our future!
Love,
Your favorite (and only) daughter.

1 comment: