Sunday, November 14, 2010

Touchdown Jesus and the Windy City.






This weekend I found myself off to Chicago with my family. It was a quick trip with no time to relax. Chicago was a lot different than expected. The Windy City has wide streets, few skyscrapers, and way too much open sky. It doesn't have a "city" feel! We spent Friday morning on a frigid river tour of the city’s architecture. We then rushed to the Art Institute of Chicago for a quick run through. I saw some Monet (my favorite), Renoir, Picasso, and the beautiful Seurat (ever seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off?). We finished our day by riding around on the L, and going to the top of Willis, formerly Sears, tower. The view of the city was beautiful!


Saturday we woke up bright and early to start our journey down to South Bend, Indiana. Our day started off in style; we rode down to Notre Dame in a stretch Navigator limo, complete with pink and green neon lights and “ostrich” leather seats. After a long, rainy, windy day at Notre Dame, we walked away with wounded pride. The Utes, previously ranked fifth in the nation, had just gotten destroyed by a team of rookies, the Notre Dame Irish. Oh well, at least I can cheer for BYU with no shame now! After another long two and a half hour drive back to Chicago, it was off to CPK then back to the hotel for some much needed rest.


Now I am home and have three days to recoup before a weekend in my beloved NYC. Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment